AUTEL MaxiLink ML529HD Trucks OBD2 Scanner Heavy Light Truck Code Reader
All Useful OBDII Functions
1. Reading Codes (Enhanced for Ford/GM/Chrysler): Retrieve Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) including Stored Codes, Pending Codes and Permanent Codes. Show the detailed description of the error codes for easily determining the causes of the Check Engine Light/Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). This scanner can also read the enhanced codes in Powertrain system for Ford, GM and Chrysler.
2. Erasing Codes: Delete not only the codes from the vehicle’s on-boardcomputer, but also “Freeze Frame” data and manufacturer-specific enhanced data, thus turning off the Check Engine Light (MIL). Further, the I/M Readiness Monitor Status for all vehicle monitors is reset to “Not Ready” or “Not Complete” status.
3. Live Data: Read the live data in a graphical way but also record data for later review as follows:
View Data: The View Data function allows viewing of live or real time PID data of vehicle’s computer module(s).
Record Data: The Record Data function allows recording vehicle modules’ Parameter Identification (PID) data to help diagnose intermittent vehicle problems.
4. Playback Data: The Playback Data function allows viewing of previously stored PID data.
NOTICE: For Heavy-Duty vehicles, only View Data is supported for now.
5. View Freeze Frame Data: Allow the technician to view the vehicle’s operating parameters at the moment a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) is detected.
6. Retrieve I/M Readiness Status: Check the operations of the Emission System on OBDII compliant vehicles, which is an excellent function to use prior to having a vehicle inspected for state emissions compliance.
7. O2 Sensor Test: Allow retrieval and viewing of O2 sensor monitor test results for the most recently performed tests from the vehicle’s on-boardcomputer
8. On-Board Monitor Test (Enhanced): Retrieves and displays test results for emission-related power train components and systems that are/are not continuously monitored. This scan tool has an enhanced feature to read the definition of an On-Board Diagnostic Monitor ID.
9. Component Test: Certain vehicle components can be actuated by commands sent from the scanner to test their operability.
10. View Vehicle Information: Enable retrieval of Vehicle Identification No. (VIN), Calibration ID Nos. (CINs), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs) and In-use Performance Tracking on 2000 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9.
Modules Present: Display the module IDs and communication protocols for OBDII modules in the vehicle.
Patented One-Key Ready Test
This scan tool is specially designed with the Autel’s patented One-Click Readiness Key, which gives you a state emissions check and drive cycle verification with just a press of a button.
The I/M Ready Test can be used as a convenient readiness test tool by automotive technicians to determine if the tested vehicle is ready for an emission test. By visual and audible indication, you will learn a vehicle’s emissions readiness.
With this scan tool, you don’t have to drive around endlessly, continuously coming back to the repair shop for retest to check if all required tests by the ECU are completed. And you could also do a quick check of the vehicle to determine if it is ready to receive an emission test without the hassle of connecting your vehicle to the analyzer or having to use a complicated scan tool.
Therefore, this function is especially useful in the following cases:
1. You bought a used car and the check engine light had been cleared to mask potential problems.
2. You disconnected the battery for tune-ups and other engine repairs, dead battery replacement, car radio installation and car alarm installation.
3. You used a scan tool to clear the DTCs.
4. Your car has been sent for repairs.
Wide Compatibility with HD
This diagnostic scan tool is widely compatible especially based on its coverage of American, Asian and European vehicles, 1996 and newer (including light trucks), and diverse protocols for Heavy Duty Vehicles utilizing SAE-J1939 and SAE-J1708. This has been termed to be one of the most extensive diagnostic scanner code reader that you would be able to lay your hands on.
Display: 2.8-inch LCD (320*240 dpi)
Connectivity: USB mini 2.0 OBDII DB15
Operating Temp.: 0℃ to 60℃ (32℉ to 140℉)
Storage Temp.: -20℃ to 70℃ (-1℉ to 158℉)
External Power: 9.0 to 28.0 V power provided via vehicle battery
Dimensions (L*W*H): 183 mm (7.2”)*91 mm (3.58”)*33 mm (1.3”)
Weight: 242 g (0.533 lb.)